Monday, February 18, 2008

Maldini the Millennium Man

Paolo Maldini has been celebrating another historic milestone in his illustrious career.

The 39-year-old made his 1,000th appearance in professional football when he came on as a substitute for AC Milan against Parma on Saturday.

He said: "I would like to dedicate this achievement to my family, in particular my mother who has followed me all these years and has always backed me."

The veteran made his debut as a 16-year-old back in 1985 and in that time has amassed 126 caps for Italy as well as winning seven Italian league titles.

Ever the consummate professional, the defender was more disappointed with the Rossoneri's draw at Parma than celebrating his own achievements.

He added: "I've played my 1,000th match, it is a number that remains impressive, it is only a shame that we haven't won the three points but there are always highs and lows."

Coach Carlo Ancelotti's side have now drawn their last two Serie A games and remain just outside the final Champions League spot in fifth place.

This article was featured on SereA.tv. Click here to go directly to the site.

No comments: